Autori Tema: Origin of the Albanians (Facts, Myths, Analysis, etc)  (Lexuar 3873 herë)

Ujkan Vushaj

• Postime: 741
Origin of the Albanians (Facts, Myths, Analysis, etc)
« Pergjigju #15 Me: Korrik 11, 2018, 09:12:17 MD »
To me it just seems that they are desperately trying to find an origin for us outside of our present day territories regardless of what facts say. They realised that the Caucasus theory was a lost cause so now they are trying to find something else and now that’s the Thracian theory, they won’t consider an Illyrian theory as the though of Albanians being native in the areas we inhabit today is scary for them

Flor

• Global Moderator
  • Postime: 926
« Pergjigju #16 Me: Korrik 16, 2018, 11:20:53 MD »
Guys, I would ask you to stop doing this to each other, or at least please keep these discussions out of this forum!

Flor

• Global Moderator
« Pergjigju #17 Me: Korrik 28, 2018, 01:10:42 PD »
Everyone give this video a thumb down. They even claim Skanderbeg as "Orthodox Serb", lol:

Phanes

• Postime: 40
« Pergjigju #18 Me: Korrik 28, 2018, 02:36:24 PD »
Truly pathetic...

The long term effect of this video is good though as it will only spread interest and curiosity about Albanians, and people will then (eventually) be exposed to the more actual hypotheses. So they did us a favor with their petty bullshit, as usual.

If someone here has a good voice I can do the video editing and images to make a counter video against this stuff

Flor

• Global Moderator
« Pergjigju #19 Me: Korrik 29, 2018, 05:55:00 MD »
Some posts have been deleted.

Again, to all of you involved, if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, please stop these personal attacks before we start banning!!
« Redaktimi i Fundit: Korrik 31, 2018, 05:41:29 MD nga Flor »

Leki

• Administrator
  • Postime: 913
  • R1b-BY611
« Pergjigju #20 Me: Korrik 31, 2018, 09:28:26 MD »
‘Orthodox Serb from Albania’, ‘brought to Albania by Bulgarians’ etc typical retarded servian horseshit.

They seem to be fascinated by us, freaking mental bunch.
« Redaktimi i Fundit: Korrik 31, 2018, 09:32:34 MD nga Leki »
<Gjuha âsht tulit e gjithshka bluen>

Duhan

• Postime: 209
  • J2b2 PH1751
« Pergjigju #21 Me: Gusht 01, 2018, 10:42:22 PD »
Who wouldn't want to claim Skanderbeg though  ;D but yeah I have seen an increase of serbs claiming Skanderbeg lately. Maybe it has something to do with that Indianci looking ass motherfucker who made a vid with the Albanian flag talking about Skanderbeg.
« Redaktimi i Fundit: Gusht 01, 2018, 10:47:02 PD nga Duhan »

Ujkan Vushaj

• Postime: 741
« Pergjigju #22 Me: Gusht 01, 2018, 11:22:23 PD »
Who wouldn't want to claim Skanderbeg though  ;D but yeah I have seen an increase of serbs claiming Skanderbeg lately. Maybe it has something to do with that Indianci looking ass motherfucker who made a vid with the Albanian flag talking about Skanderbeg.
Ironically that guy is from the Kuqi clan, making him of Albanian origin lol.

Phanes

• Postime: 40
« Pergjigju #23 Me: Gusht 08, 2018, 12:58:17 MD »
Chapter 2 of "Kosovo: A Short History" by Noel Malcolm seems to be online here: http://macedonia.kroraina.com/en/nm/kosovo.html

Its a shame this book isnt online in its entirety. If anyone has it in English, go get it scanned please, it's useful for arguments and debunking online etc.

Duhan

• J2b2 PH1751
« Pergjigju #24 Me: Gusht 08, 2018, 10:01:41 MD »
Chapter 2 of "Kosovo: A Short History" by Noel Malcolm seems to be online here: http://macedonia.kroraina.com/en/nm/kosovo.html

Its a shame this book isnt online in its entirety. If anyone has it in English, go get it scanned please, it's useful for arguments and debunking online etc.

Problem is many serbs don't really take Malcolm seriously or care for what he has to say

I read it two years ago and I have no idea what the fuss is about on the serb side, he is pretty unbiased and can be too careful

Dema

• Postime: 743
  • J2b1-M205
« Pergjigju #25 Me: Gusht 11, 2018, 02:12:18 MD »
Problem is many serbs don't really take Malcolm seriously or care for what he has to say

I read it two years ago and I have no idea what the fuss is about on the serb side, he is pretty unbiased and can be too careful

Who cares what they take seriously or not, will you stop writing nonsense post after post? Phanes is right. I already successfully used the book in arguments by using specific references. . Book is very well written and there is plenty of references which allow readers to go further investigation and studying. Counterparty was claiming there was no Albanians in Ottoman Kosovo tax defter and linked defter to me, while i was able to find Albanians there because Malcolm gave exact  pages where i will find these Albanians.

Luckily, i have retyped this before so i didnt have to do it again, this is directly from his Kosovo book:

Kosovo: A Short History:

Acknowledgements:

My first debt of gratitude is to Alistair Horne, and to the Warden and Fellows of St Antony`s College, Oxford, who elected me to the Alistair Horne Fellowship for 1995-96 in order to enable me to complete my work on this book.

I am also grateful to Robert Evans and Richard Crampton for letting me try out some of the arguments presented in Chapter 8 at their Central and East European History seminar at Brasenose College. Anyone who works on Balkan history will know how much time and effort can be spent trying to locate (or acquire) books and articles: there is not a single library, in Western Europe or even in the Balkans, that offers all the relevant materials under one roof. I am grateful to many friends for gifts, loans, copies and other services in this regard: above all to Bejtullah Destani, whose own knowledge of the sources of Albanian historyis extraordinarily encyclopedic, and to Ahmed Žilić, a generous and ever-resourceful friend. For similar services i should also like to give special thanks to two other friends, D. S. and J. M., as well as to Norman Cigar, Ger Duijzings, Branko franolić, Timothy Garton Ash, Fra ignacije Gavran, Ivo Goldstein, Valeria Heuberger, Christine von Kohl, Branka Magaš, Kastriot Myftiu, Luan Malltezi, Željko Mandić, Alexander Shiroka, Aleksandar Stipčević, Yuri Stoyanov, Marian Wenzel, Tadej Zupančić, and Isa Zymberi.

I am also very grateful to Philip and Anette Goelet for hospitality in Maryland, Berney and Betty Nunan for hospitality in Tirana, and Aleksandra Ivin and professor M. Rotar for their help at the National Library in Zagreb.For permission to study and cite manuscript materials in their collections, i am grateful to the controller of Her Majestys Stationery Office (representing the Crown) in respect of the Public Record Office, London, and also to the following: the Archive du Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres, Paris:the Archivio Segreto Vaticano, Vatican City: the Archivio di Stato, Venice: the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, Vaticam City: the Biblioteca Nazionale Maricana, Venice; the Biblioteca Unicersitaria, Bologna; the bibliotheque Nationale, Paris; thebodleian Library, Oxford; the Haus-, Hof- und Staatsarchiv, Vienna ; the insituto per la Storia della Societa e dello Stato Veneziano, Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice; the kriegsarchiv, Vienna, the national Archives, Washington, DC; the school of Oriental and African Studies, London; and the Somerset Record Office, Taunton. In addition, I am also grateful to the following libraries and institutions: the Biblioteca Casanatense, Rome; the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale, Florence; the Biblioteca Nazionale 'Vittorio Emanuele', Rome; the Biblioteke Kombetare, Tirana; the British Library, London; the Cambridge University Library; the institut fur osteuropaiche Geschiche und Sudostorschung der Universitat Wien, Vienna; the Nacionalna i sveučilišna knjižnica, Zagreb; the Osterreichische Nationalbibliothek, Hamburg; and the Taylor Institution, Oxford.

Duhan

• J2b2 PH1751
« Pergjigju #26 Me: Gusht 11, 2018, 03:56:24 MD »
You ok in the head man? Nothing you wrote has anything to do with my post

TheBigMan

• Postime: 81
« Pergjigju #27 Me: Shtator 28, 2018, 12:01:02 PD »
Very interesting map on proto-Albanians 4th-7th century, in the bottom-right legend it says we were even earlier in the Dinaric highlands, III century & prior.